Innovative packing technology
Heat sealer for reliable sealing of sterile barrier systems
After sterilization, medical devices must be protected against recontamination until they are used on the patient. For this purpose, they are packed in plastic pouches to ensure sterile conditions. A vital role in this procedure is the reliable sealing of the sterile barrier system which must be done by a reproducible and validated process according to DIN EN ISO 11607-2.
The MMM heat sealer SteriPack perfectly fits in the sterilization procedure of every CSSD. The operator can be sure that the sterility of the processed goods is maintained.
All models of the SteriPack series comply with DIN EN ISO 11607-2, which requires the control, monitoring and documentation of the critical process parameters. MMM provides also validation of the sealing processes and maintenance of the heat sealers.
Easy operation and fast data entry are given by a user-friendly 5.6“ touch screen or a clearly arranged input keyboard, depending on the model, and an intuitive menu navigation.
In case of deviations from individually set limit values, the integrated monitoring system emits a warning and triggers the halt of the procedure.
For electronic data archiving, the heat sealer can be directly connected with a batch documentation system, e.g. EuroSDS, through various interface possibilities.
Perfect sealing reliability and stability of the heat seal joint. The patented sealing system adapts itself to every packaging material to achieve an impeccable, all-over sealing joint, irrespective of material thickness. The following types of packaging material are recommended:
- Transparent pouches and reels according to EN 868-5 and DIN EN ISO 11607-1
- Tyvek ®, 1059B, 1073B and 2 FS
- Sealable paper pouches according to EN 868-4
- Aluminium laminated foil
- multi-language menu navigation
- interface for bi-directional communication RS 232 (USB and Ethernet are optional)
- operating hour counter
- energy saving function: the sealer changes to standby mode after a set period of time
All information at a glance
The following data are printed directly on the packaging:
- packing date (various data formats available)
- use-by date
- name and code of personnel
- cycle number
- CE label
- critical sealing parameters (only 301/302): temperature, ontact force, process speed
- machine number
- item counter
- individual text (301/302 up to 2500 texts storable)