Doctors' assistants, medical assistants and other medical assistance occupations in the field of medical practice who are responsible for instrument processing and the processing of flexible and rigid endoscopes.
It covers basic knowledge for the processing of medical products in accordance with Section 8 (3) of the German Medical Devices Operator Ordinance, the guidelines of the Robert Koch Institute (RKI) and the Federal Institute for Drugs and Medical Devices, for special requirements in practices, practice clinics and endoscopy units.
The course comprises a minimum of 40 teaching units at 45 minutes each and ends with a written knowledge test. Admission to the test will require regular attendance of the course.
- INCLUSIVE of € 55,- examination fee
- exclusive of VAT
- Subject areas covered according to the framework curriculum of the German/Swiss Society of Sterile Supply:
- Statutory and normative foundations
- Principles of microbiology and epidemiology
- Principles of hygiene
- Quality management
- Processing of medical devices in circulation (principles of processing, decontamination, visual inspection, maintenance, function check, respective surgical apparatus, flexible and rigid endoscopes, packing and packaging, sterilization and approval for use)
- Knowledge test after regular participation in lessons
Complementary module to professional qualification level I
The course comprises a minimum of 24 teaching units at 45 minutes each and ends with a written knowledge test. Admission to the test will require regular attendance of the course.
- Course requirements
- Completed training for doctors' assistant, medical assistant or other medical assistance occupations
- Practical experience in sterile goods processing and the processing of flexible endoscopes is desirable.
- As a complementary module to professional qualification level I:
Staff involved in endoscopy, an RUMED and ORs who are responsible for processing flexible endoscopes and hold the professional qualification level I certificate.
- Knowledge test
- Written knowledge test. Successful attendees will receive a certificate from the German Society for Sterile Supply (German/Swiss Society of Sterile Supply).