The MMM Group was represented at the congress as a gold sponsor. Andreas Schneider (Marketing Director MMM Group) and Dr. Martin Bönisch (Head of R&D MMM Group and member of AK-KAB) conducted a company workshop on sterilization systems for animal facilities as part of the scientific program of the FELASA (Federation of European Laboratory Animal Science Associations):
- Short presentation of the MMM Group
- Special programs and procedures for the sterilization of feed, bedding and water bottles in animal care facilities. Presentation of different sterilisation processes and explanation of the differences between the processes for solid, porous and liquid goods. Required technical equipment in a steam sterilizer such as condensate sterilization or exhaust air filtration etc.
- Maintaining the quality of reprocessing through re-qualification and validation
- Sterilizers with additional function as H2O2 sluice for temperature-sensitive goods. Concept and essential requirements for a steam sterilizer with H2O2 connection as pass-through sluice. Which relevant safety systems have to be implemented?
- MMM Group Products for Animal Husbandry - Vakulab PL (Laboratory), Vakulab HL (Pharmaceutical Industry)
The 90-minute workshop was aimed in particular at employees in animal husbandry such as animal keepers, animal house managers, livestock planners and users. More than 60 international participants were impressed by MMM's know-how, products and services.
The congress registered a total of 1378 visitors. FELASA takes place every 3 years. The next congress will be held from 13-16 June 2022 in Marseille (France). Further information on the date can be found at www.felasa2022.eu