Knowledge for more safety
Expertise for safe instrument reprocessing in a Reprocessing Unit for MEdical Devices
A coordinated training concept
The requirements for instrument reprocessing and related processes are becoming more and more complex. To be able to identify and recognize the correlations in the manifold processes and workflows - paired with a great deal of expertise – is an important prerequisite to make the right decisions in our daily work and to maintain the high level of quality of work in the CSSD. That takes a high level of technical and procedural knowledge. We see it as our task to impart this knowledge.
The two companies KLS Martin Group and MMM Group form an ideal team to train and instruct you in all aspects of instrument application and instrument processing, which are the most important modules in the sterile goods management.
Knowledge means Safety
We want to impart knowledge and expertise to make you fit for your daily work. Our courses are DGSV and IAHCSMM accredited.
The courses are held by international experts with many years of experience in the field of application in the OR and instrument reprocessing.
Our training program
The RUMED Academy offers a two level system in different international regions and languages. All courses are held in english language (except Chile: spanish).
Reprocessing Technician RUMED (Level 1)
The target group is CSSD manager, CSSD technicians and other employees in CSSD with good English/Spanish language skills and practical experience in a reprocessing structure for medical devices.
The total length is 9 days in one consolidated block (incl. 1 day learning break). The course ends with a written and oral (practical) exam. Certificates are distributed after a successful participation.
- Hospital hygiene
- Material and instrument sciences/production of surgical instruments and their influence on reprocessing processes
- Practical tips for visual inspection, function test of surgical instruments (practical training)
- Possible changes in the surface characteristics of surgical instruments
- Reprocessing of medical products within the supply chain
- Visiting production of surgical instruments
- Functional areas and constructional subjects related to CSSD
- Basics in cleaning and disinfection
- Decontamination of medical products (practical training)
- Reprocessing of instruments/implants/motors/endoscopy
- Packing and packing materials and processes (incl. practical training)
- Basics in sterilization 1
- Basics in sterilization 2 (incl. practical training)
- Validation of sterilization
- Quality assurance in CSSD
- Visiting CSSD structure in Basel
- Documentation in CSSD
- Instrument management
Senior Processing Technician RUMED (Level 2)
The target group is CSSD manager, CSSD technicians with good English language skills (B.1) and practical experience in a reprocessing structure for medical devices.
1. English Level B1
2. Documented practical working experience and succesful participation in Level 1
3. Documented practical working experience and at least 5 years experience in processing of medical devices
The total length is 6 days in one consolidated block. The course ends with a written and oral (practical) exam. Certificates are distributed after a successful participation.
- Validation (ISO 15883, 17665, 11607-2)
- Quality Management
- Risk assesment (Classification of families)
- processing of design critical medical devices (Endoscopes; lumen products; robotic instruments)
- Processing of electrosurgical equipment; motor systems; implants
- Instrument Management
- Leadership and capacity planning
- Onboarding of new employees
Download information flyer
More informations & registration
Further information on courses, dates, venues and direct registration please visit:www.rumedacademy.com